Friday, December 30, 2011

3P's

Year-end.

I attempted to write but it felt that no words would come out everytime I open my laptop.

Was it then providential that I got to hear Fr. Raprap's homily a few hours ago at the wake of a brother in the community (father of a dear head servant).

In his homily, he talked about things to do before letting the person go. He mentioned 3Ps to remember:

Pasasalamat

Pagpapatawad

Pangako na Babangon Muli


Pretty self-explanatory, right? But then Fr. Raprap has beautifully unwrapped his message, piercing through every heart there is at the wake.(I believe!)

In a similar manner, the message can be applied to everything around us - events,things, persons that we have to bid our farewells to.

So before I say goodbye to 2011 and hello to 2012, I would like to have my 3Ps:

1. PASASALAMAT (Thanksgiving)

I believe that for this year, my greatest learning is developing the habit of thanking the Lord for (almost!) any circumstance that has happened to me and to others.I have had, of course, my complaints, needless worries, etc, but in the end, it is always the gratitude that reigns my heart.


- for knowing God more personally thru Scriptures, Feast and people encountered
- for my dearest family, for the love, support and guidance
- for the Feast, specifically WFA, an addition to the spiritual nourishment I receive weekly
- for the opportunity to undergo "application" at the Training Ministry, another avenue to serve
- for the opportunity to serve with our dedicated Secretariat Ministry members -both Registration and New Attendees servants
- for my Caring Groups, old and new, you guys are awesome! thank you for the trust! everytime we meet, I bring home loads of blessings, affirmations, reflections and things to ponder on
- for the WFA council, I grew a lot bigger - physically, emotionally and spiritually, thank you! (more food trips please! haha)
- for the Singles Ministry, for showing me how fulfilling and happy it is to be single!
- for a chance to celebrate my birthday in a different way - Elsie Gaches outreach
- for an experience to get to know our brothers in prison
- for making me see nature a lot and interact with different people through my travels! (my very first in Malaysia, Indonesia (Bintan), Cebu and Davao, Leyte, Samar, Quezon)
- for the 3 weddings I've attended - showing me a glimpse of a happy married life
- for gimikeros, hs friends and college friends/roommates, for more than a decade of friendship, and a newly discovered (side) career - hosting baby showers!
- for friends in my old workplace(s), for never failing to keep in touch despite the physical distance and busy work schedules
- for my E-Science family, for my great mentors/bosses and a really great team to work with, for the laughters, stories and lunch/dinner/movie dates (and mogu2!)
- for the clients I've worked with and had the chance to be friends with
- for all the big and small breakthroughs - reminding me that God is in control...

Overall, 2011 was a series of transformations and rediscoveries :)

2. PAGPAPATAWAD (Forgiveness)

As our beloved Evangelism Pillar head has shared, he searched his heart to check if there's any pain/hurt left inflicted by his father. And he said he found nothing at all. For this year, I'd like also to let go of all who(and that) has caused me pain and asked for forgiveness as well for those I have hurt.

- to God, for lacking faith and being a doubting Thomas at times
- to my family, for lesser time spent with you, for the few times I was able to help at home,
- to my LOJ and eScience family, for any discomfort/inconvenience brought by my shortcomings as a member, a leader, a servant
- to my friends, for any misunderstandings, insensitivity...
- to myself, for being my greatest critique and punisher

3. PANGAKO NA BABANGON MULI (Promise to Stand Up Again)

As a human being, I continue the battle to achieve a higher self in all aspects of my life - spiritual, relational/emotional, physical, financial and career-wise. I have failed many times trying to change things in my life, I've had my share of minor and major boo boos, but am resolved to never quit and find ways to be better.

Thus, from all of the results and lessons learned in 2011, and as gratitude to the people instrumental for making me see the things I need to improve on, I'd take actions to be more of

- a better daughter
- a faithful and humble servant
- a decisive and passionate leader
- a better communicator
- a more compassionate listener
- a confident and assertive person
- a person who can easily let go and let God


Again, this year, I received a whole lot of blessings, and I hoped as they have overflowed, I was able to share them with the people around me.

For 2012, I expect the many more blessings and graces from God!

P.S. If there's anything I know now that I won't ever let go - He is the one who has kept me through all these years, Who wiped the bucket of tears I've cried, and Who walked with me again in my journey. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment