Friday, February 3, 2012

My 1st 30-day Challenge



I have never practiced writing my new year's resolutions. I just feel I'd join most people who would try for a few days and then fail to continue the rest of the year.

But this year, for the very first time, I've listed in details what my goals are and the steps I need to do with the help of a site I stumbled upon, The Art of Non-Conformity. It really was a helpful site and hopefully, like the author, I will be able to achieve all that I have listed for the year.

After writing my list, I'd had the feeling that this year is definitely going to be different! I have started living life deliberately!

What makes it more exciting is that the first series of The Feast, Overhaul, talks about creating 12 new habits for the year. I just have to align the habits with the goals I have already set.

I started my first habit last January 16 - No Facebook for a month, more time for prayers and exercise.


I'm on my third week, and so far I am doing well! :D

... I believe Facebook misses me... a lot!





But...

Three weeks of non-existent in my virtual world allowed me to expand my real world. I was able to start writing down my prayers (inconsitent but will master this soon), earned a prayer partner (thank you for the LIFT session!), went back to weight lifting at home, shared more stories with friends and family over dinner, coffee, enjoyed a vacation. :)

A few hours off virtually earned me an increased time building and deepening relationships with the people around me.

12 more days... and I'll treat myself to my first successful challenge!

P.S. I've started my second one. How about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment